"Hi! I'm DJ.
Join Me Me And My Mom On Our Journey Of Discovery And Partnership."
My name is Runcheck Dear John, but you can call me DJ. I am a Morgan Horse, and this is my web site. I hope you enjoy your tour of my world. Please come back often to see what's new and to learn more about Morgans.
Some of Mom's friends at the stable thought I might be too much for her after the way I kicked up my heels that first day, but they just didn't understand. We Morgans have a lot of energy, but we would never harm our human partners! Mom never doubted me, and I never doubted her. We Morgans become very attached to our partners and try very hard to please.
Although I was only "green broke" when Mom brought me home, she decided to enter me in a schooling show at the stables just a couple of months later.
This was the Dressage Suitability class where I took a third. I wasn't really sure what we were doing, but I did my best.
Mom was SO proud of me! She hung all the ribbons and the trophy that I won that day on my stall. I have to admit, I was pretty proud of myself. But mostly, I was just happy to know that I pleased her. 
All of Mom's friends marvel at the relationship she and I have. We really don't care what we do as long as we are together. But, as I said, I am a typical Morgan--we all want to be treated like a friend and partner, and will return that respect and love. I would do ANYTHING for Mom, and I know she feels the same about me. If she didn't, she SURELY wouldn't give me her watermelon!
A horse's magnificence is in his strength of heart.
I was born on May 7, 1978, in Ardmore, Oklahoma. This photo of me as a baby was given to Mom by Lois Sauer of Alatheia Morgans. She owned and loved my Dad, Triton Red Fox, for most of his life.
My new Mom, Suzy, came looking for a Morgan just one day after my fourth birthday, and it was love at first sight for both of us. She took me home to Dallas that very same day. 
I hadn't been out of my stall for four days in Oklahoma because of bad weather, and I was pretty high by the time Mom and I got back to the boarding stable in Dallas. After all, I was only four years old! 
Next came the Trail Class. The classes were so close together Mom didn't have time to change from her English breeches, so she just put chaps over them and off we went! In this class, I had to compete against older horses that had a lot of experience in "real" Trail Classes. I took the Blue!!